Learn about our Fannin's Sheep
Great Wildlife Viewing
Finding a good spot to view wildlife that roam the Faro area isn't hard at all. Being in one of the most densely populated wildlife corridors, you will most likely encounter many species of wildlife during your visit in Faro.
Several locations in the surrounding Town area have convenient wildlife viewing decks and interpretive signage. Faro's Sheep Viewing Station even has a cabin with woodstove to view the unique-to-this-area's Fannin Sheep population during colder days in spring and fall.
During the summer season, the Campbell Region Interpretive Centre offers guided interpretive tours to various sites.
For more information
(867) 994-2288 (seasonal)
(867) 994-2728 (year-round)
To learn more about the wildlife species in the Faro area click on the following links:
- Yukon Government Department of Environment Wildlife viewing info
- Online resources for biologists Wildlife biology
- Frog WatchLearn why it is important to monitor frogs
- BIOSIS Internet Resource GuideGuide for zoology
- Animal Diversity WebLearn about the animal kingdom